An oil skimmer is a machine that separates a liquid from particles floating on it or from another liquid. A common application is removing oil floating on water.
VEPL make oil skimmer is an effective means of removing oil from water and water-base solutions. Often, skimming by itself will reduce oil to an acceptable level of water purity. Depending on the characteristics of the liquid, we recommend the belt type oil skimmer. The unit can be used as a pretreatment before filtration, and in conjunction with a coalescing system. Oil skimming makes use of the differences in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water. These physical characteristics allow the belts to attract oil and other hydrocarbon liquids from the surface of the fluid.
Oil Skimmers are simple, dependable and effective tools for removing oil, grease and other hydrocarbons from water and collants. Often, an oil skimmer by itsel can achieve the desired level of water purity. In more demanding situations, oil skimming is a cost-effective menas of removing most of the oil before using more complicated and costly treatments such as coalescers, membrane filters and chemical processes.
- Required less space.
- A single unit elevates and separates oil.
- Lifts oil any distance without the need of expensive pumps.
- Maintains skimming efficiency with fluctuating fluid level.
- Can be used in depths as shallow as one foot, or as deep as 100 feet.
- Requires no tank modifications in most applications.
- Operates in turbulent liquid using optional tail pulley cage and tether assembly.
- Easy mounting and fast cleaning, with minimal maintenance.
- Inverter control drive for precise operation control and safety.
- Minimum maintenance.
- Easy to deploy.
- Simple service and maintenance.
- Can be used to feed oily water separator.
- Skims in all directions.
- No operators required.
- No flame proofing required.
- No electrical safety concerns.
- No safety guards.
- Equally effective with all oil types.
- Fast oil removal flow rates.
- Waste Water Sump.
- Sewage Sump.
- Parts Washers.
- Coolant System.
- Heat Treating Fluids.
- Hotel and Food Processing Units